New Hartford Volunteer Fire Department Elects Officers for 2021The department recently elected a new Chief as former Chief Thomas A. Bolanowski has stepped down after serving 12 years in that position...
On December 2, 2019, the membership of the New Hartford Fire Department elected its officers for the year 2020. They are as follows; Chief: Thomas A. Bolanowski (12th consecutive year)First Assistant ...
1st Christmas in New Firehouse Dec. 1973 ~ Delivering Santa and one of his elves is driver, Marty Madden; passenger, Asst. Chief Burt Ambrose.
DC Burt Ambrose at Structure Fire
Deputy Chief Burt Ambrose at Produce Market Fire
All hands operating
Warehouse Fire circa mid 1950's
Firefighters with Deck Gun
Firefighters manning a "deck" (deluge) gun - Firefighter Obie Burger to the left
1956 GMC Salvage on Parade in Clinton
The department's new 1956 GMC Salvage truck pictured here in the Oneida County Firemen's Convention Parade in Clinton NY
Former Chief John Salter who became department Dispatcher
Former Chief John Salter went on to serve the department as their primary Dispatcher
Old Air Raid Siren
Old Civil Defense Siren atop the old Park Street Firehouse. The siren was activated to indicate a structure fire.
Seasons Greetings Sign 2014
Our 1982 American LaFrance was the department's 1st "closed cab" pumper. Originally called "101" it later was called Engine 1 until the 1991 replacements. It saw the end of it's career as Reserve Engine 3.
Rescue 1 was originally a Chevrolet Chassis on a stainless steel Saulsbury rescue box. It too went through renovations and upgrades during it's service. Here it's picture before and after the back end was put onto a new 2000 Ford F450 chassis and the lighting package was revamped.
1977 American LaFrance Water Chief Aerial
Old shots of 1st Aerial device. "105" was a 100' American LaFrance Water Chief Aerial. Placed in service 1977 it saw active duty until 1998. In that time it went through a few updates and renovations. Pictured here are the before and after. It was sold to City of Fulton F.D. as a reserve ladder truck.