106 ~ 1975 Dodge Rescue
Here's another update to the "Rescue". The decals and more modern light bar. This vehicle retired from fire service duty and was taken over by the New Hartford Village DPW. It has since retired altogether.
106 ~ 1975 Dodge Crewcab Pickup
This truck was originally purchased in 1975 as a utility vehicle for the department. It was modified in 1981 by adding the Reading box. This was in response to the rapidly expanding EMS (Emergency Medical Services) the fire service was taking on.
Dave Mazzatti, past Assistant Chief, did much of the paint and body work on many of our "Car 1's".
Another Car One
All cars were refurbished by department members.
Another Car 1
Some cars were done more elaborately than others.
1 of many Car 1's
Prior to the Squad (a department pick-up or SUV used for auxiliary purposes) the department re-furnished old police cruisers for various uses. One main use was for members to commute to and from various training classes in and out of the area.
109 ~ 1970 Ford/Swab Salvage
Today's "Heavy Rescue" trucks were preceded by "Salvage" trucks. Typically they carried tarps, smoke ejectors, small electric pumps and spare air bottles as well as additional manpower. 109 served NHFD from 1970 until 1988.
1935 Ahrens Fox
The "Fox" was a 1935 engine that was the pride of the department. Retired in the late 50's, it was later purchased and refurbished just in time for the Village's Centennial in 1970 by Terry Martin. It's pictured here with Terry at the helm and his dad, William Martin, another long-time member, in the passenger seat. In back is former Mayor & Town Supervisor Bill Keiser.
1949 ~ American LaFrance 700
(Reserve) Engine 4 from 1973 until 1991. This rig was originally owned by Pompton Lakes, NJ. Long time member Tom Panzone at the helm. Tom was loved by all and took pride in running the firehouse kitchen. Tom passed way too young after a courageous battle with cancer. The firehouse kitchen is dedicated in his memory.
1963 ~ American LaFrance 900
1st run pump 1963 until 1982 then reserve. Retired 1991.
103 ~ 1959 American LaFrance 900
1st run pump 1959 until 1982 then reserve engine until retired 1991. 103, originally 101, is pictured here at the Stittville Fireman's Field Days. Long time member Neil Martin at the helm. RIP Neil!
Fourth of July 2014
Fireworks standby at the Yahnundasis Golf Club