New Hartford Volunteer Fire Department Elects Officers for 2021The department recently elected a new Chief as former Chief Thomas A. Bolanowski has stepped down after serving 12 years in that position...
On December 2, 2019, the membership of the New Hartford Fire Department elected its officers for the year 2020. They are as follows; Chief: Thomas A. Bolanowski (12th consecutive year)First Assistant ...
The department's new 1956 GMC Salvage truck pictured here in the Oneida County Firemen's Convention Parade in Clinton NY
Our 1982 American LaFrance was the department's 1st "closed cab" pumper. Originally called "101" it later was called Engine 1 until the 1991 replacements. It saw the end of it's career as Reserve Engine 3.
Rescue 1 was originally a Chevrolet Chassis on a stainless steel Saulsbury rescue box. It too went through renovations and upgrades during it's service. Here it's picture before and after the back end was put onto a new 2000 Ford F450 chassis and the lighting package was revamped.
1977 American LaFrance Water Chief Aerial
Old shots of 1st Aerial device. "105" was a 100' American LaFrance Water Chief Aerial. Placed in service 1977 it saw active duty until 1998. In that time it went through a few updates and renovations. Pictured here are the before and after. It was sold to City of Fulton F.D. as a reserve ladder truck.
106 ~ 1975 Dodge Rescue
Here's another update to the "Rescue". The decals and more modern light bar. This vehicle is still on the road today (2014). It's in use by the Village DPW.
106 ~ 1975 Dodge Crewcab Pickup
This truck was originally purchased in 1975 as a utility vehicle for the department. It was modified in 1981 by adding the Reading box. This was in response to the rapidly expanding EMS (Emergency Medical Services) the fire service was taking on.
109 ~ 1970 Ford/Swab Salvage
Today's "Heavy Rescue" trucks were preceded by "Salvage" trucks. Typically they carried tarps, smoke ejectors, small electric pumps and spare air bottles as well as additional manpower. 109 served NHFD from 1970 until 1988.
1935 Ahrens Fox
The "Fox" was a 1935 engine that was the pride of the department. Retired in the late 50's, it was later purchased and refurbished just in time for the Village's Centennial in 1970 by Terry Martin. It's pictured here with Terry at the helm and his dad, William Martin, another long-time member, in the passenger seat. In back is former Mayor & Town Supervisor Bill Keiser.
1949 ~ American LaFrance
Reserve engine from 1973 until 1991. Long time member Tom Panzone at the helm. Tom was loved by all and took pride in running the firehouse kitchen. Tom passed way too young after a courageous battle with cancer. The firehouse kitchen is dedicated in his memory.
1963 ~ American LaFrance
1st run pump 1963 until 1982 then reserve. Retired 1991.
103 ~ 1959 American LaFrance
1st run pump 1959 until 1982 then reserve engine until retired 1991. 103, originally 101, is pictured here at the Stittville Fireman's Field Days. Long time member Neil Martin at the helm. RIP Neil!